Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Earthquake

I'm not going to write too much about this, but it's something I kinda have to write about? I don't know. Anyway, a month ago a 6.3 earthquake struck Christchurch (whilst I was actually writing a draft for this blog). We'd already lived through a 7.1 and pretty much all came through unharmed, there were no deaths and most people I know kept their homes. This was a nightmare version of that. My flat was destroyed, and I'll probably never see any of my belongings again. Most of Christchurch beloved buildings are destroyed beyond repair. Worse then that, many people died or are still missing. It's pretty much like living in a worst-case scenario.

But now, a month on, I'm beginning to rebuild my life. I was so lucky in that my friends, family and loved ones are still alive, and that's the important thing. Everything I did lose was pretty much replaceable (except for my art stuff), and although I miss my life at Poplar Lane, I'm optimistic things will turn out better eventually :)
Till then, I'm gonna focus on the positive. And I'm hoping this blog will help me do so!

Stay safe and keep being awesome, friends.
-Gareth

No comments:

Post a Comment