Monday, January 9, 2012
- 2012’s a fresh start, and it can’t really be any worse than 2011, right?
- New Music! This year we should be getting new stuff from Tommy Ill, Jaguar Love (?), MGMT, Bloc Party, So So Modern, Die Die Die, Kanye West (?), The xx, Jay-Z, Santigold, Animal Collective, Morrissey and a bunch of cool bands we haven’t even heard of yet.
- In my circle of friends, it’ll be the year of 21st’s, which I assume will be as fun as the year of 18th’s, but like, older, wiser and drunker.
- New Movies! Moonrise Kingdom, Django Unchained (?), The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, The Hobbit, Looper, John Carter Spiderman, Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter, that LCD Soundsystem doco and more.
- Christchurch’s rebuild should start moving forward a lot better.
- Good TV! Mad Men, Peep Show and Community will all come out of their hiatuses at some point this year, and lots of other good shows will keep on truckin’. New Zealand TV probably won’t play them, but ah well.
- The world probably won’t end!
- Okay so a lot of this list is super-specific to me, but I’m gonna be a 3rd Year at CPIT, getting a sweet cubicle.
- The future’s an adventure! This year may be the best, or the worst, so we may as well squeeze as much joy out of it as we can.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
So, yesterday I made a promise to myself to be better with money as I've been spending loads on junk-food and adventures. This lasted till about 4pm when I happened to see the blue & yellow cover of Wes Anderson's 1997 Rushmore peeking at me from a K-Mart DVD shelf. Rushmore is easily one of my favourite films and is darnright impossible to find it on DVD in Christchurch (even before the quake) so no groceries for me this week.
But so totally worth it.